Insights from Research:
1) The entire prescription drug cycle has multiple points of failure such that it is difficult to define each person’s liability
2) Lack of communication plus moral and medical dilemmas lead to inconsistency in treatment which opens the door for drug seeking behaviors
3) Addiction is a chronic brain disease, while it is not treated as one, treatment cannot be as effective as it should be.
4) Drug alters a persons state and standard of normalcy
5) The culture of instant gratification encourages drug abuse
6) Lack of visible signs of addiction cause people to underestimate and overlook addiction, preventing early intervention and recovery.